Survival Seeds

Friday, December 3, 2010

Plum Jelly

I made plum jelly this weekend and thought I would share the recipe and then share a tip!

Plum Jelly
5 1/2 cups plum juice
7 1/2 cups sugar
1 pouch powdered pectin

Combine the juice and pectin, bring to a boil. Stir in the sugar, stirring constantly to a hard boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim foam off of the top. Pour in jar and process for 10 minutes in a water bath canner.

5 pints or 10 half-pints


I made some earlier in the year that was very thin. I had made it with liquid pectin. It taste good, it was just thin and very liquid. It was wonderful to mix up with peanut butter to put on toast or sandwiches but I was going to try for a firmer jelly. This batch I made with powdered pectin and it gelled up wonderful. If you have issues with jelly that doesn't set up perfect, try this next time!!!

No comments: