Survival Seeds

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Give some respect!!!!

I was working at NEO today and was helping with the tail gate party. When Lisa and I were through we went to watch the football game. At the first they oplayed the national anthem like they do everytime and I did what I do everytime, stand with my hand on my heart and think about the sacrifice that was made for us to live in this great country. Matt and I are patriotic and no matter what your political affiliation you should support those who have stood and been standing up for us.

As I amd standing there I hear something and glance to the left and see a woman talking on her cell phone in the middle of the national anthem. I was soooo irritated and absolutely ticked off at this woman. So doesn't repect our country or the men and women who have sacrificed their lives to let us be free.

I don't mean to go on a rant but no matter what your political affiliation or what your thoughts on the war you need to still give respect to the flag and respect to those who have given us the freedons they have. So the next time that you see the flag, hear the national anthem, or see one of our service men or women , give them the respect they deserve.

2 comments:

The Riddle Family said...

Holy cow, I'm surprised that no one said anything to her! That's part of the reason why I hate cell phones in general. Seriously can't stand them. It's really annoying to try to have a conversation with anyone who is obsessed with their cell phone/texting and checks their phone every 30 seconds. Ugh! Call me old fashioned, but what ever happened to undivided attention?

Anonymous said...

This makes me sad when I see it happen.

Off topic, I see on your profile that you like the Blog of Unnecessary Quotation Marks. Glad to know I'm not the only nerd. : )