I said that I would get back with you guys on my health so here it is…. My MRI came back fine and mammogram came back fine. I have done some soul searching and have decided to do the genetic testing. I am now going to have to save up and have enough for it. It costs $3200 and although I have double insurance I won’t be able to find out what they will cover until the test is done. I will go in and talk to the doctor in a regular room ( not an exam room ) and talk about everything and if we still decide to do the test I will go to the lab upstairs and have blood drawn. It will then be sent to the lab where they will deal with the insurance and if it is above $375 they will call and look at payment arrangements and if it is below that they will just run it. It should take between 3 and 4 weeks to find out results. If they come back positive we are going to look at having a prophylactic mastectomy and reconstructive surgery later. I just wanted to let ya’ll know and if anyone has any info I would love to know more. I keep researching and finding out new info.
I have a friend that needs your prayers right now. She beat breast cancer 5 years ago and was diagnosed with lung cancer on Friday. I will tell you more in a few days once we know more. We just need prayers to go up right now….