Survival Seeds

Monday, January 26, 2009

oklahoma snow storm

So Oklahoma has been under a "winter weather watch". I knew that tonight was going to get bad, I just didn't think it would happen so quick. It started misting around 1:30 and by 3:30 it was icy, icy, icy. The bank closed at 4 so we got to go home an hour early. We are now cooking hamburgers and french fries (I have been craving them for a week) and are going to play Wii. There is ice already and they are calling for 1/2 inch of freezing rain and 3 inches of sleet. Everyone has been saying that we have had a nice winter but when we cut a persimmon seed in half it was a spoon. Which means lots of snow!!!! So now Old Man Winter is just now realizing and trying to catch up on his "snow"!!! So we are going to huddle in for a night of food and fun!!!!

The other nice thing is that I was supposed to have my first Monday night class tonight and I was stressed about driving. My father in law is in law enforcement and normally tells me that it is fine to drive but tonight he was telling my husband that their was no way that I could drive on the turnpike. By 3 today there had already been multiple wrecks on bridges and side roads. I was keeping in touch with my instructor and she told me that if it was too icy not to come. As I was typing my response back she sent and email that NSU canceled classes!!! I don't have to use one of my absences tonight!!! Yay!!!!!

No comments: